Starting from $900 per person
This short safari is the right choice for those who have little time but don’t want to miss the opportunity to see some of the most incredible parks in Africa. The safari can be done all year round and includes Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater. No more than 4 days for experiencing the beauty and power of Tanzania! A short safari including the best of oparks of Northern Tanzania. The perfect solution for a first time safari wihtout missing the chance to spot the Big5
Arrival to Kilimanjaro Airport and Transfer to Arusha
Arrival at Kilimanjaro airport. The guide will wait for you at the arrivals, after checking passports and having collected your luggage. Follows transfer to Arusha where you will spend the night. Free afternoon at the hotel to enjoy the nature surrounding the lodge by the pool. Or you can take a tour of the city.
Tarangire National Park Game Drive
Early morning departure immediately after breakfast to enter the Tarangire National Park, which is located about 100 km from the city of Arusha along the road that leads to Manyara, Ngorongoro.
The park covers an area of 2600 square kilometers, about 100 km from north to south and about 25 from east to west but is part of a much larger ecosystem that includes Lake Manyara, Lake Natron and the West Kilimanjaro, the Masai steppes, some controlled hunting areas and the Tarangire Conservation Area which tries to bring together human and wild animal settlements .
Huge and centuries-old baobabs will be the backdrop to the wild natural landscape, however, playing a very important role both in the park’s ecosystem and for the local tribal communities that with the seed shells use as containers for water, leaves and pulp fruits derive medicines, from the bark they get ropes, paper and cloth.
In turn, the elephants find refreshment in the dry season in the stalks of these large trees when they use the trunks of the trees as reserves of water.
The central areas, around the marshes of Silale, are in turn very scenic but also ideal for animal sightings, especially in the dry season when the marshes partially dry up and only small pools of water remain around which gather the animals.
Ngorongoro Crater – Mto Wa Mbu
Departure immediately after breakfast to live an incredible experience, today you will do Game drive inside the largest crater in the world!
The crater was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1979, is the best known and most frequented area of the entire Ngorongoro Conservation Area, but also the most scenic part with an unparalleled concentration of animals across the African continent. If this is not enough, we also remember that it is the only place in Tanzania where you can easily spot the Big 5. Inside the crater it is possible to stay maximum 6 hours. After the game drive you will drive to Mto Wa Mbu where you will spend the night.
Manyara National Park – Transfer out Airport
Departure after breakfast for a game drive to the Manyara National Park, a 2,600 sq km national park that offers a different environment from the other Northern Parks.
It is one of the parks with the highest biodiversity in Tanzania and was declared a World Heritage Site in 1981
Thanks to its changing habitat, the park seems to boast the highest biomass of East Africa.
Lake Manyara National Park is considered a real bird paradise with over 380 different species. After the game drive you will head to the Airport where you will fly to Zanzibar or back home.
What is included and what is not included
- A 4×4 Toyota cruiser car for exclusive use with sunroof unlimited mileage and gasoline for 3 days
- Transfer to and from airports
- English speaking driver / guide for 3 days
- 3 nights in lodges and tented camps as mentioned or similar (subject to availability) *** If the mentioned lodges are NOT available for the dates mentioned, an alternative of the same cost will be offered.
- Full board during the activity days
- Entrance to national parks per person *** Valid for 24 hours
- Concession fees per person per night for sleeping in areas of the National Park and under its administration (included in Serengeti for two nights)
- Fee for car descent to the Ngorongoro crater
- National park daily car taxes
- 3 days Game drive
- Bottled water for all safari days (1 bottle per day per person)
- 18% VAT and taxes
- Flight to Tanzania
- Tanzania entry visa to be requested online https://eservices.immigration.go.tz/visa/
- Health and trip cancellation insurance
- Alcohol and drinks in the lodges
- Personal expenses
- Entrance to tribal villages
- Entrance fees to parks not mentioned or extra fees if you want to stay inside the park for more than 24 hours
Tips (optional and not compulsory)
- Optional activities (walking safari, night game drive etc). It is possible to book them at extra costs
- Sleeping bag (for those who camp)
Mentioned prices are indicative and subject to changes. They also refer to group of 6 people traveling together.