Taste of Tanzania
Starting from $2000 per person
A journey through the most beautiful and emblematic parks in Tanzania and all of Africa, including the Ngorongoro Crater. This itinerary focuses on the great migration that will be found in Ndutu between December and March. Game drive activities will allow you to scout for animals and if you are lucky you will be able to see all the Big5 but also the fascinating and fast big cats. The guide who will accompany you, an expert with more than 10 years in the safari industry, will help you to find the animals and make you appreciate the natural beauty of the place, introducing you to the heart of the culture of Tanzania, representing the key to access the natural and cultural wonders of this magical and wildland.
Arrival to Kilimanjaro Airport and Transfer to Arusha
Arrival at Kilimanjaro airport. The guide will wait for you at the arrivals, after checking passports and having collected your luggage. Follows transfer to Arusha where you will spend the night. Free afternoon at the hotel to enjoy the nature surrounding the lodge by the pool. Or you can take a tour of the city.
Tarangire National Park Game Drive
Early morning departure immediately after breakfast to enter the Tarangire National Park, which is located about 100 km from the city of Arusha along the road that leads to Manyara, Ngorongoro.
The park covers an area of 2600 square kilometers, about 100 km from north to south and about 25 from east to west but is part of a much larger ecosystem that includes Lake Manyara, Lake Natron and the West Kilimanjaro, the Masai steppes, some controlled hunting areas and the Tarangire Conservation Area which tries to bring together human and wild animal settlements .
Huge and centuries-old baobabs will be the backdrop to the wild natural landscape, however, playing a very important role both in the park’s ecosystem and for the local tribal communities that with the seed shells use as containers for water, leaves and pulp fruits derive medicines, from the bark they get ropes, paper and cloth.
In turn, the elephants find refreshment in the dry season in the stalks of these large trees when they use the trunks of the trees as reserves of water.
The central areas, around the marshes of Silale, are in turn very scenic but also ideal for animal sightings, especially in the dry season when the marshes partially dry up and only small pools of water remain around which gather the animals.
Ngorongoro Crater – Ndutu
Departure immediately after breakfast to live an incredible experience, today you will do Game drive inside the largest crater in the world!
The crater was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1979, is the best known and most frequented area of the entire Ngorongoro Conservation Area, but also the most scenic part with an unparalleled concentration of animals across the African continent. If this is not enough, we also remember that it is the only place in Tanzania where you can easily spot the Big 5. Inside the crater it is possible to stay maximum 6 hours. After the game drive you will drive to Ndutu where you will spend the night.
Ndutu Lake, is part of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area from an administrative point of view but is in fact part of the Serengeti eco-system and constitutes a very important stage in the migration of wildebeest and zebras.
By December the migration should have reached these fertile plains of low grasses where, with a normal rainfall cycle, it will remain until the end of March when the cubs will be weaned and ready to embark on the long 800 km journey that will take them back to their birthplace only the following year at the same time. The most important areas in the months mentioned are the Salei plains, the Gol Mountains, Lake Ndutu and Lake Masek.
The area is characterized by the two salt lakes and the surrounding swamps. Migration aside, this area supports a good number of resident animals, including elephants, jackals, ostriches, giraffes, impalas, gazelles, 2 herds of lions [the one from Ndutu to the one from Masek], cheetahs, spotted hyenas, hippos, crocodiles and over 400 species of birds. With the migration on site acting as a catalyst, the presence of carnivores and predators becomes more intense: ruppels and vultures arrive, other lions, other hyenas, other cheetahs, other jackals
Ndutu – Transfer out airport
After breakfast you will begin to leave the conservation area, if time permits you will do another short game drive. Continue to Arusha or Kilimanjaro airport where you will arrive approximately 2 hours before departure. Drop off at the airport.
What is included and what is not included
- A 4×4 Toyota cruiser car for exclusive use with sunroof unlimited mileage and gasoline for 3 days
- Transfer to and from airports
- English speaking driver / guide for 4 days
- 4 nights in lodges and tented camps as mentioned or similar (subject to availability) *** If the mentioned lodges are NOT available for the dates mentioned, an alternative of the same cost will be offered.
- Full board during the activity days
- Entrance to national parks per person *** Valid for 24 hours
- Concession fees per person per night for sleeping in areas of the National Park and under its administration (included in Serengeti for two nights)
- Fee for car descent to the Ngorongoro crater
- National park daily car taxes
- 3 days Game drive
- Bottled water for all safari days (1 bottle per day per person)
- 18% VAT and taxes
- Flight to Tanzania
- Tanzania entry visa to be requested online https://eservices.immigration.go.tz/visa/
- Health and trip cancellation insurance
- Alcohol and drinks in the lodges
- Personal expenses
- Entrance to tribal villages
- Entrance fees to parks not mentioned or extra fees if you want to stay inside the park for more than 24 hours
Tips (optional and not compulsory)
- Optional activities (walking safari, night game drive etc). It is possible to book them at extra costs
- Sleeping bag (for those who camp)
- Bank transfer payment transaction costs (charged to the customer)
- Anything not mentioned in “the costs include”